This app can help you to take regular screenshots of your webpage automatically. It has been created with Google Apps Script and uses trigger to automate the process. Using this application you can track how a webpage was looking like 3 years before. You don't need to do this manually. Simply click on "Start capturing" and it will capture the screenshots and store in your Google Drive.
How it works
This app uses the API provided by https://screenshotlayer.com. It sends your webpage url to the API with certain parameters. The response is received as an image. Google Apps Script receives the response and stores that as a new image in your Google Drive. Its main attractive feature is it accepts full page screen capturing.
How to start capturing your webpage
- Go to https://screenshotlayer.com and create an account. After sign up you will get an API key, keep it with you. This API key will be provided in the spreadsheet.
- Now open the app and go as per the instructions provided.
- Put the required parameters.
- After providing details simply press the Verify now button to verify whether the API works properly or not.
- If the API works, it will create a folder in your Google Drive and put the screenshot inside it.
- Once you make sure that the API works well, you can press the Start capturing button to automate the process in a regular interval.
- The frequency of capturing you can customize from the in-cell-dropdown.
Hope this helps you to keep track of your website's appearance and layout. If you have any question then drop a comment below.