I have about 200 friends in my Facebook friend-list and I want to invite them all to my sister's marriage personally via email . First of all, I will need their email addresses in an Excel sheet. But how to collect their email IDs is a big question, as Facebook has stopped every possible support for exporting email addresses to CSV or any other file. Few months back people were exporting their contacts from Facebook indirectly via other services like Yahoo or some Facebook Apps. Now even those techniques have been outdated.
Fortunately I found a beautiful workaround which can definitely help me to import my Facebook contacts into Gmail and even I can also export them into CSV. Now I can expect everybody's presence in my sister's marriage.
How to do it
- Signin to Yahoo and import your Facebook contacts as explained in this tutorial
- After importing those contacts you can display the list on a single page (display for printing). This is also explained in above tutorial.
- Now to import those data into Gmail you need to save those information in some proper format so that Gmail can recognize them.
- To do it, I created a beautiful script which can convert your raw data into Gmail recognizable format
- You are just one step away, simply copy those information from that page (name and email) and paste them in below box and press the generate button.
- Then copy the output to a notepad and save it as .csv extension.
How it works
- My previous article was very similar to this. The only difference is that, previously the csv being generated was not compatible with Gmail. Though you could use it for your personal reference but it could not be imported into Gmail. But yes, it was only compatible with MS Outlook.