After a long time the big G has changed its I'm Feeling Lucky button. Since 1998 when Google published its first home page the button was there. Although in between 14 years Google has changed a lot in the layout, structure and color of other buttons and links, it had not changed anything in the functionality of I'm Feeling Lucky button. But now Google has changed a lot to that button in both functionally and appearance. You can view the first Google homepage present in Wikipedia.
|Image Credit: Google|
This GIF image has been taken from the home page of Google (www.google.com)
Note: This change has been done in www.google.com. As of now this is not working for country specific URL like www.google.co.in. You can not view the animation in IE8 browser. It is working fine in Mozilla and Google Chrome
I'm Feeling Lucky button before change
- The button was simple
- When you move your cursor over it, the text was not changing
- When you click on the button it was automatically getting redirected to the first website which was coming at the top in the search result.
I'm Feeling Lucky button after change
- The button is now bit complex
- When you move your mouse on the button the text will automatically change. And it will show you a new text, each time you hover your mouse on it.
- When you click on the button it will take you to a new Google's page depending on the text on the button. The following is the table for the same.
|Text on the button||URL/Action|
|I'm Feeling Doodly||https://www.google.com/doodles|
|I'm Feeling Puzzled||http://agoogleaday.com|
|I'm Feeling Trendy||https://www.google.com/trends/hottrends|
|I'm Feeling Hungry||Search for restaurants in Google|
|I'm Feeling Wonderful||https://www.google.com/intl/en/culturalinstitute/worldwonders|
|I'm Feeling Stellar||Search in Google|
|I'm Feeling Artistic||http://www.googleartproject.com/collection|
|I'm Feeling Playful||https://www.google.com/doodles|
You may also like to see some more articles