Sometimes it happens that you are doing some important work and accidentally clicked on the close button of a tab and it got closed losing your unsaved data. This is really an unwanted situation. It may sometimes lead to critical problem if the work you were doing is very very important. But here is a trick for you to remove or move the close button.
If there will be only one close button and if it will be moved to extreme left then your problem might be solved. Here is how you can do it.
- Type "about:config" in the address bar of Mozilla Firefox and press enter.
- A page will open where you can see all the variables and their settings.
- In the filter textbox type "browser.tabs.closeButtons".
- You can remove or move the close button by setting the value of this variable.
- You can double click/right click on the variable to modify its value.
|Value of the variable||Meaning|
|0||The close button will be displayed on the active tab only|
|1||The close button will be displayed on all tabs|
|2||Don't display any close button|
|3||Only one close button will be displayed at the end of tab bar|
Here the default value is 1. You can change it to any value from 0 to 3 and click OK.
You may also like to see